We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of, any non-Complect website to which this site links or that links to this site.
1. Information Collection
Complect and any third parties acting under Complect’s authorization will not collect any personal information about you except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of such information are your name, email address, location, phone number, credit card or bank account information, and other information about your business or professional background.
1) Information you provide - When you use the Site, we collect information about your activity on the site and any information you choose to provide. Information shared with us via the Site may include first name, last name, email address, company name, and company address.
3) Information we collect automatically - When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This includes internet protocol ("IP") addresses, browser type, internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, pages of the Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on the Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This log information is not linked to personal information unless you have otherwise provided such information to us. However, we may correlate this information with other information we have about you.
2. Information Use
We use information about our users mainly to provide the Services, assist you in completing your transactions, and administer your inquiries. We may also use the information to/for:
1) Better Your Experience - Use the information provided by users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services, and to analyze and understand how our Site and Services are used. We may also use the information to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
2) Promote/Market to You - Use your information to promote and market Complect, our services, our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and/or the Specialists and Businesses registered with Complect.
5) Legal and Regulatory Requirements - If we have the legal obligation or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights or interests or the interests of others, we may use information about you in connection with legal claims or compliance, regulatory, and audit functions.
We may also use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK“), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform Services for you, (ii) where it is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform Services for you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be to communicate with you as necessary to offer our products and services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will disclose such interests at the relevant time.
3. Information Sharing
1) Service Providers - We may employ third party companies and individuals to host the Complect Platform, to provide services on Complect’s behalf, to improve the services and to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Site and Services are used. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
2) Legal Proceedings and Regulatory Bodies - Complect may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Complect, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our terms and conditions, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Complect, its employees, its users, or members of the public.
3) Corporate Reorganizations - As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
4) Consent - If you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
4. Protecting Your Information
Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that works with most internet browsers. SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Your personal information is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk. For additional information about our information security protocols, please refer to our Security Policy.
5. Data Retention
We retain personal information about you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using the Site. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
6. Your Rights
WE DO NOT SELL ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
If you are a located in the EEA or the UK, Complect will serve as the data controller for your personal information and you have the following rights:
1) Accessing, updating and correcting your information - Email us at email@example.com to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you or to receive a copy of your personal information controlled by us.
2) Deleting your information - Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us to delete your personal information.
3) Objecting/requesting we stop using your information: Email us at email@example.com if you object to our use of your personal information or want to request a restriction on its use.
4) Withdrawing consent - Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to such withdrawal nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
5) Moving your information - Email us at email@example.com if you want to exercise your right to data portability. We will fulfill your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
6) Opting out of communications - Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us or by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of Complect emails.
7) “Do Not Track” signals - Some browsers have incorporated Do Not Track ("DNT") features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Site does not currently respond to browser DNT signals. However, you can use a range of other tools we provide to control such data collection and use.
7. International Information Transfer
1) Complaints - In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you live or work.
2) Links to other sites - The Site may contain links to third party websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
3) Children - The Site is not directed at persons under the age of eighteen. Complect also does not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.